'We need to speak the uncomfortable truth that women—and especially Black women—are too often not listened to or taken seriously by the health care system, and therefore they are denied the dignity that they deserve,' said California senator and Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris. This may explain the rising popularity of doulas in the Black community.
Other Health & Safety Issues
More Other Health & Safety Issues
- You'll Never Believe How Many Rural Areas Lack Maternity Care
- How a Tiny Heart Pump Saved One Mom's Life During Her C-Section
- What Pregnant Women Need to Know About Climate Change
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Mom's Beautiful Photos Aim to Raise Awareness About Pediatric Stroke