Plentiful playtime is essential to a child's development, with benefits ranging from improved mental and physical health to enhanced emotional well-being. And while playing simply for the sake of fun has myriad merits, it's also the ideal opportunity for parents to sneak in a bit of learning—especially in the long summer months.
More Big Kids
- I Tried Home Chef's Skinnytaste Meals—Here's Why They're Perfect for Families Who Want to Eat Clean
- 1995 Cold Case Murder of a 14-Year-Old Atlanta Girl Solved After More Than 25 Years
- 'Nobody Knows How Long' People Will Be Stranded on I-95 in Virginia, Says Driver: 'This Is Scary'
- Cancer Survivor, 6, Levels Up with Surprise Disney Trip from Ciara: 'I'm So Impressed by Your Strength'
- How to Talk to Kids About Active Shooter Drills, According to Mental Health Experts